Thursday, March 31, 2011

Too slow... Move on!

Christene's two professions are Mining and Herbalism. Gathering professions that can make a lot of money if she puts the time and effort into it. Anyways, I needed some cinderbloom and Azshara's Veil for some Volcanic Potions I wanted Hellgurl to make for me. Christene agreed only if I came and rode along side her. I said sure, and off through the portal to Uldum we went. Arrived in Uldum and started to fly alongside the  mountain walls. She being a Miner as well, needed to keep her eyes open for veins too. Hmm I had a better idea. Why don't we take my two-seater X-53 Touring rocket mount and you can ride in the back, tell me where to go and you can keep your eyes peeled for herbs and ores, I told her. "That's an awesome idea, it's much faster then Toothless my wyvren anyways" she told me.
We mounted up and off we continued. "I see one!!" she shouted. I could see a little ways in front of us another person was making a dash for the vein as well. Well the are sooo not gonna beat my rocket mount. I kicked the boosters on and straight down we went. Told Christene when to jump, and out she went. She didn't even hit the ground yet before she whipped out her mining pick from her bag.
*clink clink clink* just as she finished the Orc just landed and tried to mine the vein. "Haha sorry sucker. Too slow... move on!!" And the Orc gave her a dirty look and took off. I figured that was going to happen,  so I hung back a while and waited for the Orc to fly away and then I rode in. Wow, that was quick, you must do that alot. I said, "Hmmm yeah, but I'm usually the one who get's there too late and get's laughed at and told to hit the road, but I've learned. And I know it looks mean when I did that, but I'm sure if he got there first, he would be rubbing it in my face". I can see where she's coming from. I did think that that was kind of mean when she said that but it sounds like she gets shit on as well.
We rode around for another hour or so, We got way more herbs then I needed but they sell for quite a bit on the Auction House so Christene was nice enough to split the herbs with me and we'll sell what ever I didn't need for my potions.  I had fun today.