Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Love Rhinos... sometimes

A few days ago I flew down to Warsong Hold to catch the Zepplin to Org. As I was flying in to the docks, the Zeppling was already pulling out. "Dammit!" hmmmm that's another 15 minutes I have to wait for the next one. I know Rhino Meat are selling on the Auction House like hot cakes and for a pretty penny as well. So I decided to kill time by killing some rhinos. I got 3 stacks of rhino meat by the time I saw the zepplin pulling back into Warsong Hold. I looted the last of the rhinos, mounted up and headed back to catch my flight. Right when I got to Org I put my Rhino meat up for 8gold 99silver and 99copper a piece buy out price. Under bid the previous seller by one copper... haha! Not too shabby for just killing time. I did feel bad for the rhinos after. I love rhinos but last week I was down in that same area, not killing rhinos, and Nedar and Lunchbox were patrolling the area, spotted me and started attacking. And the rhinos around that area did nothing to help me. Yeah yeah I know, they're big dumb rhinos. They're not gonna help out an undead if it means getting killed afterwards. Actually either way they ended up dead. I made it less painful. It was quick one chaos bolt and they were dead.


Oh that makes me think about the time I was in Storm Peaks just east of Grom'arsh Crash site. There are some rhinos that cruise around in that area and also proto drakes that have nests up there on the tops of the hills. Well I was doing a daily quest over there killing the wyrms, when all of a sudden I see this drake freeze a rhino with his breath or something and then swoop in and start to carry him off. I felt bad for the rhino so I tried to help him, but they were too far and I was too late. Where in the world is he taking the rhino?... Ohhh the nests... it's feeding the rhinos to their babies. That's sad, but I guess that's how it goes. I was just kind of peeved that I didn't get the meat off that rhino before he was taken away. I'll be quicker next time :-)