Saturday, June 25, 2011

Camels are Crazy! (pt 2)

 Cammy and I were almost over the mountains. Being in the desert for a good long while my nose got sensitive to dry and wet smells and I can smell a whole lotta wet right now.  That didn't sound good, but I didn't know any other way to describe it.
We came over another dune and as we were going down the hill there was something kicking up sand and dust. As we got closer I could see it was one of the Ramkahen guards. Cammy got startled when he tried to reach out and grab her. She took off running but I had stopped her and we turned back because I felt bad. I grabbed a rope out from the pack and tied it around the guard. Had Cammy walk forward slowly and we were able to pull him out. He was so grateful that he told us where the closest oasis was.  I knew of the other place where there was the camp around the oasis pools of water.
After he gave me directions Cammy and I continued on our trek to find it. The wet smell got stronger when we got over the last dune and I was able to see the palm trees in the distance.
Cammy and I made it to the oasis. There was a slight problem with the water when we walked to the bank. It was littered with Crocolisks. I wanted to take Cammy into the water, but I would have to kill several of them in order to do so.  We hid behind some bushes trying not to be spotted. I was about to cast my soul fire when I realized I might burn my camel's head off so I got off Cammy as quietly as possible and picked them off one by one, six total. Finally we got into the water. It didn't get too deep as we were going closer to the center. Which was actually just fine, I didn't want to take that chance of having a camel that couldn't swim. I don't think I could have rescued her.  The water was up to her back and my feet dangled in. Which to me wasn't that deep. She seemed to like it. I didn't dare going in the water tho. Who knows when one of the crocokisks were going to come back.