Thursday, June 23, 2011

Camels are Crazy! (pt. 1)

Holy cripes, these camels in Uldum are crazy.  After my awesome carpet ride around this place I decided to run around on the ground. I saw this lonely camel pootin' around on the dunes so I went closer and to my surprise it didn't try to attack me or run away.  I gave it a pet on it's back and it put it's head down like he wanted me to pet him on the head, so I did. Then he bent down like he wanted me to climb up on it, so I did. Awesome, I'm riding a darn camel! 
We went wandering around more dunes and came across another camel that was trying to fight an ugly hyena. Let me tell you, I thought this camel was a goner but he actually killed the hyena. Haha good for it. I'm sure the camel was minding it's own business when the hyena tried to eat it or something. After he killed it we walked over to see if he needed mending and it looked as if he was fine. Then as we were walking away, it started to follow us. Oh boy, what did I do?  
This camel kept following us. I tried to shoo it away and even threw some fel flame down on the ground to keep it from following us, but no good. I even tried to scare him away with my Rain of Fire, but no go, he just kept right on coming. Finally I jumped off my camel, grabbed some sand and threw it at him. He stopped but when I got back up he still crept slowly towards us.  I can't keep two camels... can I? Right when I decided to add it to my mount collection, it took the hint and turned the other way and ran. Darn! Meh, that's ok one camel is good enough for me. I'm very greedy when it comes to mounts and I missed my chance, prolly for the best.
We then came upon an elementium node. Darn, where was Christene when you needed her? I'm not a miner so I couldn't mine this. All of a sudden from out of nowhere an Alliance swoops down. He stops for a bit, I'm guessing to see if I was going to mine it. He waves to me and I wave back. Then I point at him and then at the node, and I back away. Then he goes in for it. I'm wondering if I would have tried to fight for it if I was a miner. Might've got my butt handed to me so I'm glad I couldn't have picked at it. 
As I was walking along I was trying to figure out a name for my camel. I wasn't sure if it was a girl or a boy. All I know is I wasn't about to try to look at it's junk so I just decided that it was a girl and I named her Cammy. Cammy the camel.
Cammy and I continued on the dunes and we came across a wind tunnel. I wanted to run through it. It was small enough that I don't think it would have sucked us up or anything. I just would have had a crap ton of sand tossed in my hair. It kept moving farther away from us. I had made Cammy run after it, but after about 100 feet or so, it disappeared. Boo! no fun. Darn wind tunnel. Eh that's fine, I prolly would have regretted it if it did take me up and spin me around like a rag doll. I might have lost some bones if that did happen. And besides I wouldn't want Cammy to get hurt. Alrightee I wonder what is beyond those dunes or mountains over yonder. haha yonder, who the heck says that. Yay more exploring here I come. (continued)