Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hearthsteed and Cali

I was in The Shrine of Two Moons today with the intention of going downstairs to see Elder Laio about trading in some of my Lesser Charms of Good Fortune for Warforged Seals. As I came out of the door by the Innkeeper, my attention was caught by several people cheering at a table playing some kind of game. It looked interesting so I needed to take a closer look.
"What is this game you guys are playing?" I asked the Bloodelf mage dressed in all red. "It's called Hearthstone, If you win 3 games you can get a Steed from Exotic Mount Vendor Mei Francis in Dalaran. She's only doing this contest until all the Steeds she has are gone. Only so many Steeds could be made from Hearths until the magic ran out" she explains.

"That's crazy! I MUST play this, teach me! I need another mount!" I got closer to the table to try and see what was going on. I accidentally hit the undead dude in the knee with the bottom of my scythe and when he jumped up in pain the blade of my scythe sliced off his ugly weirdo pony tail. I apologized, but he was so upset, he still yelled at me. He picks up his hair and shakes it at me "you know how long it took me to grow this, of course you do! you're undead as well, so you should know our hair grows 10 times slower then everyone else... Get out of here little girl, I hope you never get that mount!"
Dags and I ran all the way to the other side of the Shrine main balcony. I wasn't sorry, it looked like a dumb ponytail anyways. But what I was sorry about was not being able to watch them play and learn. I saw an empty table and as I was walking towards it one of my oldest and best friends Calibre was right in front of me on her brand new Hearthsteed!
"OMG!!! It's so beautiful!!! I want one!!! help me get one! peas and carrots!!!!" I had to yell over the swooping wing sound of her Steed. When it flapped its wings it felt like Sapphiron was blowing his frost breath on you... OK maybe not that intense, but you get the idea. it was chilly.
Cali got off and I gave her a big hug, I haven't seen her in a while but so many questions about the steed and the game overshadowed my excitement to find out how she was doing.
"Hey let's go sit over there at that empty table and catch up" I say with slightly an ulterior motive. and before I could sit down Cali says...
"OK and you don't have to worry sis, yes I will teach you how to get this mount after we catch up. You're sly, but I've known you for long enough and I know you all too well.  You love your mounts and will do anything to get them." she laughs.
"Not anything! I wouldn't kill for them, wait, yeah I would! Do I have to kill someone for this one? cuz I will... I'm kidding... maybe".




Catch up time: I asked how Wildstyle was doing, she said they're doing awesome YAY!, and his Birthday was coming up in a couple of days and she wanted to surprise him with something amazing! and that Hearthsteed was the perfect gift... Frick yeah it is!!!
She asked how Bageezus was and I had to tell her that we broke up. It was mutual and we're still friends. and I had to stop her from saying "aww". haha.
OK NOW TEACH ME!!!
As Cali was explaining to me how to play this, all the strategy was going in one ear and out the other, not because I didn't want to learn, but because I couldn't, it was too hard. I didn't understand anything. My brain hurt and I was getting so frustrated I started to cry. Thinking of never being able to ride that beautiful winged horse, never having the feeling of riding on an air conditioner all the time, Never have to worry about getting out my lantern in dark caves, And simply just adding another mount to my stable.

"Skully, you're not really paying attention to anything I'm saying, focus and you will get the hang of it. Don't give up, this isn't the Skully I knew! She's not a quitter, She's not soft, she doesn't cry at little thing's like this. Boohoo, you're having a tough time right now but you think everyone was awesome at this game when they started... NO!, so suck it up! stop acting like a little baby crying over her My Little Pony and FOCUS! We are getting you this horse TODAY" Cali's motivating speech definitely did something, cuz I paid attention to everything she said partly out of fear she was gonna make me cry again or hurt me physically.


We played for the next 2 hours. Cali helped me set up a flawless deck. I think that's gonna help me win. not the fact that I'm any good, but the cards that she set up for me seemed extremely strong. When I finally got the hang of it she said I was ready. I was so happy. Cali was so proud of me that she got up on the table and danced. I jumped up on the bench and danced with her. I don't know how to dance, I pretty much just sway back and forth pretending like I'm a genie coming out of a lamp or something
Anywhos!
As we were dancing I get pushed off the bench from behind.

"Are you two done? Yeah? well move it! Other people would like to play too you know." says a snotty Bloodelf Warlock. "Im sorry, I didn't know there was a line forming. Cali did you see a line forming, or did anyone come and ask to play?" I say as sarcastically as possible.
"I did not. Might have been the invisible line that only extremely rude Belfs can see." says Cali.
"Ugh whatever, go take your gross rotting zombie flesh somewhere else" says the snooty girl.
Cali pulls me to the side. "Skully you can take her, let her be the 3 battles you're gonna win for that mount... it will make that mount all the more special, you got it by beating a, and pardon my french, a huge poo face!"

"Uhh pardon what french, Poo face? that's swearing to you. haha... alright I will take on this, and pardon my french, this twat, and beat her with her own stupid twat crown, and then let Dags beat on her stupid twat observer minion with his own stupid twat squiggly tentacles... that made no sense and I apologize for my mild swearing and excessive use of the word twat. Let me at her!!!... I challenge YOU!!!! Your name is Brightelf?... more like dim elf.!" I look back at Cali after my awesome burn. and Cali had her face in her hand and was shaking her head in embarrassment. "What? I thought that was a good one" I say.

"It was so bad, but you have to focus... you want that Pony, you're gonna have to earn it... now beat her! screams Cali.
OMG, the first 2 rounds were so painful both of them I lost within 5 hit points. I want that mount, I want that mount. AHHHHHhhhhhh.....
3rd game, I must have went into beast mode or something, I smashed all her cards so quick, she didn't really have time to know I just wont a game.
And the next 2 went like the first 2 but the only difference was, I was the winner... and I pulled off the best, underdog comeback since those Crimson Stockings guys a while back (Red Socks, get it, ahhh I crack me up!). But anywhos. It didn't hit me right away. I just won,
HOLY CRIPES!!! I JUST WON MY HEARTHSTEED!!

Gimmie Gimmie!!! I ran straight to my mailbox and got my scroll, dug in my bag for my Dalaran port ring, ran to Mei and gave her my scroll. She reached into a box behind her and pulled out what looked like an ordinary hearthstone. She told me to hold it with 2 hands. The stone got cold and I let it go, It hovered in place for several more seconds then from the stone a bright blue light revealed my mount. OMG!!! it's so beautiful!!! I mounted up, grabbed out my hearthstone and got ported back to 2 Moons ran to where I left Cali and she was there waiting for me on her horse. Thank you soooooo much for helping meeeeee!!!!. I cried like a baby.
No surprise there.


Alrightee time go ride him so we can get used to eachother. Cali told me she heard that these horses like to fly really high because of the cold climate at higher altitudes so stay close to the ground then I ride him. Okies! I needed to go back to the silken fields to make my Imperial Silk. As we flew closer to the mountain that splits the Vale of Eternal Blossoms from the Valley of the Four Winds, I realized we needed to fly higher to get OVER the mountain. When we cleared it, I tried to pull my horse down, but he kept going higher, and higher, and higher... oh for cripes sake!... I jumped off and popped Demonic Leap and meteored my self down to the ground safely.
While I was falling, I looked back up and saw my horse shrink back into the hearthstone it started off as. Maybe that's how it packs itself away... After I landed... the Hearthstone came directly to me. I stuck out my hand to catch it, and it landed gently on my palm, like it knew who it's new master was. Now to just get it to listen to me when I'm riding it, that would be greaaaat.
THE END


Story did drag on... but I had fun making it... and I know the placement sucks, but I'm too lazy to attempt to fix it :-) Oh and that lock was kind of a biotch in game for reals. she was at the table and I came to sit and she mounts up on her Mammoth blocking the whole table. I whispered "Im sorry" and she never responded. what a douche. I then told Bevy she was definitely going into my story. hehe