Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dark Horse my Dreadsteed

I took the portal to the Blasted Lands from Orgrimmar because I needed to get to Death's Gate. Then go through the gate and make my way back to Tempest Keep and see if Keal'thas was back from his "recoup". If he was then I was going to go and find Kryptovus and help him get back Babyskully.

Weeeell, I kinda got sidetracked, that tends to happen alot, and ended up exploring the Tainted Forest just west of the Blasted Lands. Ewww, a bunch of tainted Spiders, Bears, and Bats roam around there. Eerie fog that hangs just below the tree tops makes this place even more creepy. I kept flying north through the forest and a gray clearing with a bunch of scary Demons was at the end of it.



We flew high enough to make it past all those guys undetected and in the front of what looked like some kind of Alter surrounded by piles and piles of skulls, was a Demon that looked like he was getting ready to kill a Human Warlock. Should I save him? He's human and I don't really want to... If I do, he might end up trying to kill me. Pshaw! he can't kill me. Yeah, I'll go save him...
Dags and I were hiding behind a crate waiting for the right moment to go. I tried to listen to what the conversation was about and when it looked like the Demon was starting to get hostile, we jumped out from our hiding spot and I sent Dags in. All it took was one Shadowbolt and he was dead!



 Dags stopped, looked down at the demon's chest piece, kicked it to make sure he was really gone, shrugged and came back to my side. We walked towards the Warlock. My palms up in front of me to show him that I wasn't there to hurt him.
"Thank you so much, You are certainly a long way from home, Undead." says the man
"Not really, but OK I guess." I reply "My name is Daio, I suppose that you have come to learn of suppression and control. I will teach you much more than that... you will also learn of sacrifice."

"I was just flying around here exploring the forest and it just looked like the demon was being a bully and I really wanted to kill it... I don't really need to learn anything, I'm awesome at suppressing things I wanna say, liiiiike I wanted to tell this troll the other day to "shove it", but I suppressed that. OH! and I controlled my anger by not punching him in the face... right there, suppression and control... done!... err but What would I sacrifice?" I say to Daio with a smugness that was asking for a slap.
"That's not exactly what I meant. But the sacrifice will be the choice of the demon you wish to conjure and enslave. We wield dark powers and we pay grossly for the use of said powers." explains Daio
"How can I conjure a demon?, wait I already have a Demon. Dags, the only Demon I ever need, ohhh you mean like enslaving a random Demon just lurkin about?" I ask
"Yes, but we must first craft a prison to confine the beast, if you wish to progress further." says Daio
"Sorry Daio, Dags is all the Demon I need there is NO demon stronger then him that I wish to have fight beside me for a short amount of time. Once the prison wares off don't they turn on the ones that enslaved them, if not recaptured? I ask. "Yes they will" replys Daio
"Yeah, then no thank you" I say
"Alright but I must reward you with something, you saved my life. What do you wish for Warlock? Name it?" Insists Daio
"Are you serious?... weeeeell I like to collect all sorts of riding companions.... Daio the Decrepit, I Wish to have a New Mount!"
"As you wish Miss Deadskully, but you will have to slightly work for this one. The Doomguard Destroyers that fly around these areas must be killed and pieces taken off their corpses. I will need 5 Hoves, 3 Hearts, and 9 Horns from them. Once you bring these back to me I will Summon the will of the Burning Legion and create your mount known as a Dreadsteed. These Dreadsteeds only serve as mounts to the Dreadlords, but this one will belong to you. If anyone asks where you got it, tell them nothing. If you disobey this one rule your Dreadsteed will no longer exist as I will have control of banishing it forever." explains Daio
"Oh heck no I won't say a word!, ok lemme go collect my horse ingredients and I'll be right back" I say as I run to get all the things I need for Daio to make me my very own horse. So excited!!!
"What up Doomguard! DIIIIIEEEE!!!"


Got all the things I needed and went back to Daio. He walked over to the freaky alter, pushed off a skeleton, boar and stag head and layed out all my items on the stone slab. He waved his staff around as he spoke in demonic tongue, his eyes turned glowy green, and the alter lit on fire and was engulfed in green flame. I hope this was planned because that was hard work getting all that, only to be burned to a crisp for nothing? greeeeaaat!
The flames went from green to yellow and finally to normal fire color and then all that was left was a flaming hoof and horn. Daio grabbed both items and gave me the hoof and he kept the horn.
"This horn I will keep if you break your promise to keep his origin a secret and this hoof is yours to summon and dismiss your Dreadsteed." says Daio
"Oh my gosh Sir Daio, thank you so much. Trust me you will never be hearing from me again my lips are sealed" As I said my last words to Daio I summoned for my Dreadsteed. So hot when first summoned the ground ignites and stays noticeably hot until it cools down, but my new Dreadsteed is cool to my touch.
I turn and leave Daio.


This is MY Dreadsteed I decided to name "Dark Horse" and no one will know how I got him.

Dark Horse helping me guard Slagworks in TB

I bet you're thirsty, being made of fire and everything, drink!