Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ravasaur memories

I wanted to go for a ride, in no place in particular. I decided to bring out Venom for this trek. Venom is my Venomhide Ravasaur that I got in Un'goro Crater a looong time ago. As we rode I started to reminisce about the adventure I went through that day.

And down memory lane we go: [click on pictures to read the chat box convos]
I flew into Un'goro Crater and as I was running around helping out the goblins at Marshal's Stand, they asked me to go and get some water from the Golakka Hot Springs. I went and came across this human dude named Maximillian. He asked me to help him with some things. and I said ok,  I took the water to the Goblins and went back to Max. He said we needed to find 3 damsels in distress.

The first one was on the mountain on a cliff. It looked like she was fine, but he felt the need to "help" her off the cliff by tossing her off.
Apparently I was his squire and I was supposed to catch her as he pushed her off the cliff. I didn't know what he was going to do, so I didn't catch her. She was not happy, but she was alive.
So we left to find the next one.










This guy, and yes I said "guy" was by the steam ponds. Maximillian thought he was a chick.
Max sent me in the pond to go and retrieve his crate. The guy even tried to correct Max when he was calling him a chick. By this point I was getting annoyed with him and I wanted to just tell him he needed to find the last damsel by himself. He went off and I stayed behind to apologize to the Damsel dude...lol

"Max!!! WAIT!!!" I didn't know what else trouble he was going to be getting himself into but he did find the last damsel walking up the hill to the North of the crater wall... The Damsel of the North.
Let's just say I was too late to stop Max from doing anything dumb.

"Max! what have you done?" That was her parrot. Not a phoenix in disguise trying to hurt her. As the poor Goblin mourned her murdered companion I pulled max down the hill and wanted to take him back to his camp site where I found him. "Nonsense little lady!, We need to slay the dragon in the hills over yonder!" Max said as he mounted up on his steed, Pimento, and told me to get on the back. I cringe at the thought of what this delusional nut job thought was a dragon. For all I know he was on his way to kill a docile stegodon. "Thar she is, she's a beauty!"

"Um Max, That's not a dragon, and she looks pissed!" I say regretting this mission. He then hands me a bunch of rocks. "Use these to kill her!
"Uummmm seriously!?!?! these will just make her more mad at us and hurt her none" I refused to throw these at her knowing that they wont do anything. As I was going to get off I realized we were standing in her den surrounded by dead pterrordax carcases and unhatched dino eggs. Too late she spotted us and started to charge. "Go Gooooooo!!!!" I yelled to Max and his horse. I could do nothing but pelt these rocks at her. Yeah, that was NOT working she just seemed to run faster.



I had an idea... As much as I felt bad to do this considering this was just a Queen Devilsaur protecting her den, I didn't feel like dying. I could give too craps about Max, but then the dino would eat Pimento too and I didn't wanna see that happen. As we skirted around the Steam Pools I put my Immolate spell on her and rolled off the back of the horse into the water. She didn't see me roll off, or she didn't care. I cast Conflagrate on her and she kept chasing them so I had to run after them. I had to hit her with something I didn't need to stop and cast, so I had to hit her with Fel Flame... She slowed down as I thought I weakened her... Buuuuut, she just turned around and started to come after me... ohhh Cripes!!!! I hit her with a Chaos Bolt and finally Shadowburn took care of her... after she hit the ground her momentum took her another 20 yards and stopped just a couple of yards shy of taking me down.

I knelt down beside her and silently apologized. Max and Pimento came over next to me. "Well done little lady, you slayed the dragon!. I could have done it myself but it's good to have a squire do what they're hired to do sometimes." I got so mad I wanted to take his head off... but that wouldn't be right. So I just cast Fear on him to get him out of my sight and off Pimento went after his master.


Is this why I don't like Alliance? because of human douchebags like Maximillian. Anyways getting along with my story...
As I was leaving Un'Goro Crater through the Tanaris exit I came across a Troll named Mor'vek. I complimented him on his Ravasaur mount and asked how he got one tame enough to ride it. "Well my dear, these Ravasaurs are extremely loyal when raised from right out of the egg. If you would like to know how to get one I can teach you. "please do, I would love one! and right out of the egg? I would love it even more!!!" I say, so excited about this baby raptor I am going to have. "Alright this will be a bit dangerous, but you will need to find an abandoned nest and snag a light green egg with blue dots on it..." As he was explaining how "dangerous" this was going to be, I had to hold myself back from laughing and explaining to him that I just killed a Queen Devilsaur... Solo! at this point I think "Danger" was my middle name.

"...Ravasaurs only lay one egg at a time, and they usually find another raptor egg nest to put it in. They do this for 2 reasons. a) Normally the other raptor species don't abandon their eggs, they stay close except when they need to hunt for more food, so the Ravasaurs feel like that will keep their egg safer. And 2) if the Ravasaur hatches before the others, it will stay there until the other eggs hatch and eat the new babies that come out of the other eggs. It's terrible I know, but that is the way of the wild Ravasaur life." explains Mor'vek. "Well what will prevent it from trying to eat me?" I ask. "You are much bigger, and when they come out of the egg, as hungry as they are when they are born, they are not going to try to eat something 10x the size of them. BUT you are going to be there with food for them. Every day for 20 days straight you have to come back here to Un'goro and kill 5 raptors and or silithid and feed the meat to your baby Ravasaur. Each day you will watch him grow bigger and bigger. Now keep in mind that this is only how you have to tame a baby ravasaur that is born of Wild Ravasaur eggs. If you have a domesticated Ravasaur the transition and taming process of it's young is much easier. Ive never experienced one born from a domesticated ravasaur egg before as Ravek here is male, but I've heard stories" continues Mor'vek.
"Ohhh boy I can't wait!!!!"
and the rest is history.
Since then, Venom had a baby Ravasaur of her own. I didn't even know Venom was a girl until that egg poppin day a couple of years ago. I didn't know how to tell a male from a female. And I didn't even think to come back to Mor'vek for help when an egg did come, I sort of panicked and just went straight to the Darkspear Trolls in Durotar. They knew what to do and they helped me out.

And that is the story of how I got Venom, my Venomhide Ravasaur.

Raptor Babies  - baby ravasaur story