Monday, October 6, 2014

Haunted Houses? Um yeah, no...

Haven't seen Medelys in so long. We got to catching up in Org. But before I left her she threw a dare at me.
"Skully, for an Undead you don't do well around scary things it's rather funny. I dare you to go to a haunted house. I dare you to go all the way through it and not come out until you see the end. If you lose this you have to make me 4 Royal Satchels free of charge and if you win, I'll make you all the Brilliant Primordial Rubies you can dream of... or whatever else gem cuts you need" says Med.
"Whaaat? I'm not scared. Buuuut I don't know of any haunted houses soooo I can't take that dare." I say, hoping she won't think of any place that I don't wanna go to.
"Hmmm, hows about Scholomance. Creepy Bone Guards, lots of creepy hallways, I know you think every little thing is terrifying and that's not even the worst place I can think about, but since you're my friend I'll be nice... Maybe if you get through this one you'll love it so much that you wanna go someplace even more haunted"
"Alright... I'll take that challenge. you'll lose and I'll be fine...." I say
"Ooooone stipulation. of course you can't bring your little pink elephant Shannon it'll be too dangerous, Buuut you also can't bring Dags..."
"WHAT!!! no ways!!!!... nope, then I'm not doing it. That's not fair, He won't have it."
"Fiiiine, I knew you were chicken, he can go with you"
I knew it was only fair to go alone, but to be honest, I was scared and Dags puts me at ease just being there. "Thanks" I tell Med for agreeing to let Dags accompany me, gave her a hug, put Shannon away and off to the Caer Darrow Ruins in Western Plaguelands.
I got on Al'ar and got a bit lost. I saw Frax Bucketdrop the Flight Master and asked him to point me in the right direction. "You overshot the island a bit. Go south and a tad bit west and you'll be there" says Frax.
"Sweet, thanks"
Dags, Alar and I landed. Oh boy, this was creepy already, and I was not even inside yet. This isn't looking very fun. I get freaked out by the littlest things. I like fluffy things, rainbows, and bunnies. Things that scare the living crap out of me I don't do well with, obviously. Maybe after this it won't be so bad. Medelys can handle stuff like this so she finds it funny to scare me. If she didn't have plans with Christene and Mishel I'm sure she would have loved to come along just to see me cry in a corner.
I'm so not ready to go in. Dags knows it so he just stands by me until I'm ready. Alright Dags, lets go. I slowly walk up the stairs looking at all the rusty metal and skulls on spikes and bones all over the place.
Dags and I went into the entrance and down the stairs and there were the Bone Guards guarding a gate. Alright and it starts. They didn't look too scary so I had no problem with them. Shadowbolt to both of them and that was over. kicked open the gate and the next room was alright. just books shelves, not scary at all. Lots of rats, cobwebs, and candles. Cold breeze coming from the hallway leading to the next room got my attention.
Bright green ritual markings around the pedestal with a single green flame candle was so pretty I couldn't resist but to get a closer look. I stepped next to the candle and started to get tingly all over. I looked up and a haunting green mist with I swear was a face getting sucked out of me. Dags saw this and rushed towards me grabbing me out of the way. Might have been my soul leaving my body or something. The tingling went away. Dags went back and pushed the pedestal over and stamped out the green flame. And the markings on the ground disappeared too. Freaky!! I was so over this room. That was creepy in itself, but I wasn't about to lose this bet... Royal Satchels are a pain to tailor and I'll be havin' to make her 4 of them.
Anyways, so we moved onto the next room. Eww. I have no idea what could have went wrong here, but skeletons sitting around in a circle. yes, still in the upright sitting position. I can do this, I can do this. This is so creepy, but I decided to go have a sat in their circle. What purpose would this serve?... um, conquering my fear of the creepy I guess, I really didn't know, but it seemed like the thing to do. So I sat with them for a bit. A scroll in the middle of the circle was some kind of ritual to summon a Necromancer "Kel'Th...." was all that was left of the name... the rest had been scratched out... Archlich Lord Kel'Thuzad?... If that was the rest of the name, are they fricken crazy... And if they did complete this ritual then that is definitely how they ended up like this... Yikes!!! "Dags lets go!" I got up and ran the heck out of that room and faaaaaar away from that circle.
As we were running I stopped at a hallway where the doors were bent open. I'm always drawn to purple things. Eerie mist made it a tad bit harder for me to be tempted, but nope still was tempted to go in. this would be my ultimate challenge. If I made it through this then really, I can make it through any spooky room in this place. just to lighten the mood a bit, I started to sing... I have no idea where this song came from or where I heard it but it was cheery and it made me think of unicorns, rainbows and colorful stuff and it made me giggle... "Everything is Awesome,
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is Awesome when you're living out a dreams"
I look at Dags, and he gives me this "oh geez" look.
"Whatever Dags, you know you liked that song! I sang it for you! Cuz we're a team, and we're friggen Awesome!"... "Everything is Aaaa...." and I stopped singing when we got to the end of the hallway and all that was there was a chest with a purple ring of souls getting sucked up. I wonder what's in there. I gotta find out. I get closer and Dags stopped me. He went towards the chest and pried the top open with his pole arms. More souls came pouring out of it screaming in pain. When that stopped, I walked up to the chest. "please nothing pop out at me... don't nothing scare the crap out of me please, please, please...." I got my scythe ready to slice away if need be, then realized, crap, if it's a ghost my scythe won't do much, oh well... I got close enough to look in what was at the bottom. A little lich... he looked so scared... oh my goodness"""... he looks like Kel'Thuzad!!!!... "Dags ruuuuuun!!!!!" I turned to run away then I heard weeping coming from the chest. Oh great the little guy was crying. Now I feel bad. "Hey baby Kel'Thuzad, don't kill us or turn us into skeletons please" and still more weeping came from the chest, I got closer and he pokes his head up, sees us coming back and hides again. OK now we know he's just as scared of us. So I get to the chest, look inside and he's tucked in the corner like a scared kitten, "awww!... alright little guy come here"
I stick my hand out and he gets up, looks at it, and floats right into my hand. "I'll keep you little guy... I shall call you Lil' K.T." He smiles and I put him down.
I got a new companion woot! At least something awesome came from this whole dreadful experience. Alright lets get the rest of this place done with.
Ohhh, This must be the last room, Lil' KT, you should stay back, this can get messy. Darkmaster Gandling stood at the bottom of the room with streams of flames swirling around the room. As one disappeared, he summons another. I was just enjoying the show, when he sees Dags and I standing there and stops his flames. "Who dares disturb my school. I will teach you both a lesson you will never forget for it shall be the last class you will ever attend here" threatens Darkmaster Gandling. "Alrightee, but after I defeat you can you teach me how to do that swirly flame thing, cuz it's pretty neato."
"Silence Undead!" says Darkmaster as he hurls balls of flame at us. Dags dodges the flame and runs towards Gandling, I was less savvy in my dodging attempts and I lost my footing and went tumbling down the stairs. Luckly Dags kept him occupied during my less then graceful attempt at taking him down, but I end up rolling right at his feet and the first thing that came to my mind was to bite his leg. That distracted him while Dags sliced his head off. The struggling stopped and his body fell back over me.
Oh thank goodness. This dare is over! We won, I get free gems from Medelys, a new companion, and we are outta here!!!... Dags and I run all the way back to the entrance, out the door, got back on Al'ar and booked it off that island never looking back. That wasn't so bad. Not as scary as I thought it was gonna be, but I'm sure there are far more creepy places around. I wouldn't consider that place to be haunted at all, creepy as hell, but not haunted... Medelys needs to try harder to find a "Haunted" place for another dare.