Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Stealing goats!

Visited with Tina Mudclaw today. I needed to learn a bit more cooking recipes and Tina offered to help. "Alright my dear, first I have a recipe book for you to read over there on the floor.It will tell you what ingredients you need and where to find them. If its recipes you need to get any type of fish it will tell you where you can catch them and what seeds you need for the vegetables and who to buy the spices from." Tina explains.
"Oh wow that would help out a ton"

I looked behind me at the book she was referring to and my jaw dropped. This book was huge! It's the size of me!
Alrightee then, lets get this over with. I tell dags he can wait outside, this will take a while. So he goes outside the door like hes standing guard. And I start my reading. I know I'd like to make Medelys some food so I look at her favorite. Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp.
Alright so 4 ingredients... Mantis Shrimp I can fish off the coast in the oceans, mushan Ribs I can get from the Mushan that graze around the fields out here in the valley, I'd just have to buy green cabbage seeds from merchant Greenfield and plant them and then buy the black pepper from Nam Ironpaw in the Halfhill market and payment for that is 1 Ironpaw token, and I have a crap ton of those from helping the vendors there. This will be easy. Alrightee, lets see what Hellgirl would like to eat.
Just as I was going to flip to find another recipe to learn, Dags pokes his head in the door, clanks his polearms together to get my attention and when I look up he points down the road.
I get up and look what he was gesturing to. "GOATS!!!!" I yell.
"Sorry Tina we gotta finish this some other time!!!" I'm yelling as Dags and I run down the stairs.
Dags remembered me talking to him several days ago of me wanting to get a goat. Everytime I went to Halfhill I never saw the Halfhill Goatherd there leading his goats around. Either he never took his herd out those days or I just completely missed him.
But today was my lucky day. I wanted to buy a goat from him. those things are too cute not to want one. My mission for another mount was so on.

"Goatherd!! wait up! I want a goat!!! Slow Down will ya!" I got closer and asked again and he just ignored me.
"Um ok, whats wrong? I wanna buy a goat from you, please" I ask again
"They are not for sale, this herd is going to the slaughter. Kol Ironpaw owns these and when they go to slaughter the Fatty Goatsteaks he broils up feeds the vendors back at Halfhill market, So now you see why I can't sell these to you"
"Well that's awful, poor goats..."
Dags puts his hand on my shoulder, I look up at him and he shakes his head knowing what I was thinking.
"I have to...." I whispered.
I grabbed some rope from my bag, made a muzzle and reins. waited for the last goat in the herd to pass me and then I roped the muzzle over it's mouth, jumped on him and took off down the side of the hill. The rest of the goats got scared, knocked the Goatherd down and he got up and started yelling
"Get back there thief!!! Goat thief! An Undead stole my goat! you won't get away with this."
I don't get very far before guilt sets in. Damn my conscience! I don't steal things. Well sometimes, but I steal from the people that deserve it. I tell myself that to make me feel better. Ugh! fine I'll take it back. Dags and I get back onto the road and keep walking until we found the Goatherd ahead of us.
"I'm sorry sir. I don't know why I stole your goat. I guess I just felt bad that they're going to be used for food. And I really wanted to keep one for myself."
"I understand warlock, but this is life." Is all that said as he took the reins from my hands. "Because you were so honest and came back I will sell you my pet goat. But she just gave birth to baby kid 2 weeks ago so you will have to take both and care for them "
"Whaaaaa??? are you joking? thats friggen awesome! I'll take them!" I gave him the gold he requested for them, got on my new mount and rode away.
Just goes to show, if you do good things, good things will come back to you. Well I guess it didn't start off with good intentions, I mean I did try to steal the other goat after all. but but, I brought it back didn't I.





The name of the goat companion is kind of an inside joke. It's a play off of my boss' last name. I showed it to him and he thought it was hilarious.
Didn't decide to put it in the story until the day I wrote it. haha... I still giggle.