Saturday, September 13, 2014

Geosynchr...blah blah World Spinner

I was walking around in the Slums and decided to see Kall Worthaton and see if he had gotten in any new Goblin trikes. I needs me a new mount.
"Oh Deadskully, what brings you by the Slums today?"
"Hey Kall, I just wanted to see if you gotten in any new trikes, I've bought the 2 that you already had the last time I was here with Goblooey."
"I'm so sorry I have not gotten in any... however, I think I know where you can buy one... Gallywix Pleasure Palace in Azshara is where Trade Prince Donais stays. As far as things Goblin goes, he knows how to get it if he hasn't got it already. But they don't come cheap. You'll know where to find him, usually surrounds himself with a ton of gold that he gathers from his customers, just to show off."
"Awesome! Thank you so much Kall!!!"

Dags and I left Orgrimmar and flew north to Azshara, the next zone over. I've been to Gallywix Pleasure Palace before but it was to just relax with Med and Chris. There's a golf course up there so we just hung out for the day. It was fun, and I think I do remember seeing in the distance on a platform a pile of gold and a head peaking out of it. I thought that was a pretty funny sight.
Although you can't see whats at the top of the mountain where Gallywix's Palace is, you know that's it because there is Gallywix's huge head carved into the side of the mountain. Leader of the Bilgewater Cartel Trade Prince Jastor Gallywix is the richest Goblin around. The more gold one has, the more powerful you are. And he was the richest.
Anywhos, we made it to Donais...
"Trade Price Donais, do you have any rare goblin mounts I can possibly purchase off of you?"
"I can tell you what I have and what I can get, but if you want rare, you best be havin' the gold to buy them. I require half up front if I have to fetch the item for you, and if you don't like my prices, you can skiddalde because I don't negotiate."
"I understand"
"Swell, let me see what I have shall we..."
Donais showed me his list I looked over the mounts and prices and alot of them were far out of my price range I wanted to cry. I thought I was well off in terms of gold I had, but this list made me feel poor. *pout*
And then I saw a schematic of something called a Geosynchronous World Spinner...
"What in the world is this?" I asked
"That is a rocket, the price is for the schematic only, not the actual rocket mount and not the materials to make them. If you want to purchase that you will need to find someone to build it for you.
"Well I guess I could give it to Killmecow, her trade is Goblin Engineer, but I don't always know where to find her and I'm rather impatient... /sigh"
"Well I tell you what little lady, Over at Bilgewater Harbor in the main building there is nice Goblin Resources Manager named Julie Fabernackle. She does owe me a favor... I'll call over to her and have her get the materials you will need to make the rocket... then all you need to do is find someone to make it for you. I will not help in the construction of your rocket so you will have to come up with your own gold payment to the willing participant that will be making this for you. I'm sure you can find someone around Bilgewater Harbor that can do that for you, but be careful to not let the Kor'kron see you asking for such a request. They are keeping a close eye on everything the Goblins are doing over there, as far as only serving them, and not anyone else. As per Warchief Hellscream's orders"
"Alright, Will do... thank you again" And off Alar, Dags and I went.
I found Julie Fabernackle rather quick. "Deadskully, I have the materials you have requested..." Julie said in a whisper quiet enough to only be sure I was the only one hearing this. "That was quick, thank you..." I said as I tried to give her a bag of 1k gold. "Oh no that is not necessary, I owe Donais alot and I have nothing to spend this gold on anyway" "oh ok, thank you again" and I quietly slink out of the building.
Now to find someone to build this for me. As I flew around I saw a ramp with a rocket on it ready to take off, I landed. Captain Desoto was standing on the side of the rocket tinkering with something on it's control panel. "Aye! you scared the bageezus out of me, whatdoya want!?!" I'm sorry sir but I wanted to see if you could help me build something, the Geosynchronous World Spinner..." "Bwahahaha are you kidding me?. first off I do not have the plans to make it and second the items I need to make it are a hot commodity right now, hard to find, and if you do find them, good luck buying them." "Well I have the schematic for it and also all the mats, I just need your help building this" I say as I show him the blueprints for the rocket.
"How in the all of Azeroth did you get this?!?!"
"Trade Prince Donais up on Gallywix Palace. He said..."
and before I could finish that sentence he snatched my bag and the papers from my hands and said "Alright scram, be back in 3 hours, and don't be late. I can't keep the Kor'kron from asking questions if they come by my shop, and I can't hide it while I build."
"Oh my god! thank you so much sir... I will be back before 3 hours just to be on the safe side." and I gave him a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Blah! away with you!" says Desoto disgusted as he wipes my kiss off his face.
About 2 1/2 hours go by and Dags and I went back to Captain Desoto and sure enough he's done. I marvel at the sight of my new rocket. I offer to pay him the gold that I offered Julie earlier and just the same reaction as she gave me... "No, no I can't take that. just take the rocket and go. Use the ramp there. Have fun and don't die."
"Holy cripes!!!! its so awesome!!!!...Dags stay right here I'll be back, I'm just gonna take this bad boy for a spin around the island."
I took off and it seemed a bit clunky at first but it started to smooth out. looove it! Alright that's enough, I miss Dags I needs to get back to him.
__________________________________



* just made this mount this morning. I'm very stingy with my gold as far as what I want to spend it on for myself. I do have a lot, but I have a lot for a reason. I don't spend it on anything. The Orbs of Mystery are 18,000 gold a piece and I needed 3 of them, plus the rest of the mats, which I already had. I calculated the last Auction House scanned price of the Spinner vs. the price for all the mats. The AH price for the Spinner would have been only slightly higher. I might have just been better off just keeping my mats and buying the Spinner BUT like I said those prices were for the LAST time I scanned the AH and currently, there was no rocket on the AH this morning. and I'm very impatient... So I just bought my Orbs and made the darn thing. Meh looks like its back to farming for me.