Monday, September 28, 2015

Saving my Rhino

My initial mission to Storm Peaks got sidetracked. I went there to hunt for the Timeless Proto Drake that flies the skies.  After about an hour of flying around, I figured to ask Grom'arsh Crash-Site patrons and see if they can give me better areas to search. When I land, I go in the broken zepplin now used as shelter for the camp,
Moteha Windborn was at the nose opening. He greeted me and asked what I needed, As I was about to speak I hear a horrible beastly cry coming from the gulch .
"What the heck was that!?!?" I asked extremely startled.
"Down in the valley behind us are Wooly rhino herds. In the mountains surrounding them are blue proto drake nests.." explains Moteha.
"Oh goodness, ok I get it, that's terrible! Why don't you stop them?"
"It's not our place to stop them, young one. That is life, that is what nature intended...."
"I guess" I say all mopey as I walk out of the Zepplin to the edge of the cliff.
More depressing cries echo throughout the valley. I let out a sigh. Dags grunts to get my attention. I look up at him and he motions to the valley like he wants to do something about it as well.
I'm gonna get so busted for this if anyone finds out, but oh weeeeeellll.
"Dags, lets go rhino saving!"
 I take another look back to make sure no one is out watching, and I mount up on Windy, my West Wind Drake and we head towards the cries. I really don't know what I expected to see. The last time I was around this area I wasn't really paying attention to the wildlife that lived here. But even if I did, I don't think I would remember caring if I did see rhinos getting eaten by proto drakes. I didn't care about much back then. My heart was freshly dead I guess. But anywhos....
"OMG RHINOS!!!! they are so cute!!! I want one! Dags get me a rhino!"
He looks at me like I'm insane. Maybe I am, but still, I'd love one to ride around. I'm not a hunter so I don't have the ability to tame one with ease. So I will have to work my charm, I can do it... maybe.
"Come on Dags, lets go run with the rhinos!"
As Dags and I ran towards the rhinos, they were startled and I almost got trampled, so I had to be careful, because if I got trampled and hurt, Dags would not hesitate to kill them and that would not be my intention.
Just as I was about to stop running with them a Drake swoops down and snatches the biggest bull rhino up. Dags and I stood there, stunned. The Rhino's cry snapped us out of it.
We tried to run after it, but it was to late and too high for any of my spells to reach. My heart broke for the rhino, still alive, still trying to struggle free, but the Proto Drake's claws were just to powerful.
"Geez... nature sucks!"
I know it's taking the rhino to feed it's babies, but still... it's sad.
I was about to leave and just let nature take it's course, but in the distance I saw another travesty happening, This time it was a smaller rhino.
"Come on Dags ruuuuuun! we gotta stop this one!"
The drake was putting frost breath on the rhino to incapacitate it for the snatching, and we ran as fast as we could.
"Noooo!!!!" I shouted as if it was actually gonna stop.
It got too high for Dags to reach so it was up to me. I didn't want to kill it, because it does have a family and all so I just tagged it with Corruption, maybe the painful ticks would make it drop the rhino.
Cripes!!! it didn't work... Shadow bolt, one shot and it dropped the stunned rhino and it falls back to the snowy floor. The drake was still alive, but sadly corruption was still on it and the next couple ticks were strong enough to kill it. Dags stood in front of me as the drake plummeted to the ground. 
*sigh*
As bad as I felt, I was glad I was able to save the young rhino. I got the rhino up and started to back away thinking it was gonna attack me and Dags. But for some reason it didn't. It came towards us and we turned to run away and it followed us. Ummm ok little guy you wanna come with us. And it let me pet it.
While that was going on I didn't notice a Proto that crept up on the rock behind us. The drake let out a sharp scream... "Holy Crap!!!" The rhino knelt down, Dags helped me up onto its back and we booked it out of there. The Proto gave chase for a bit and then gave up when sadly it's attention was caught by another poor rhino that became it's next meal.
We were able to find a trail through the mountains and make it down to K3 with no issues. The goblins there were shocked to see someone actually on a wooly rhino.
Shizzle Slickslide the flight master in K3 asked where I wanted to go. As I thought about it, I declined her flight offer and figured I'd take me Garrison hearth.
My rhino needs a home to recoup. What better place then the Stable in my Garrison.
"Tormak, can you please take care of my Wooly Rhino." 
"Deadskully, it's very rare to see an adolescent wooly rhino tame enough to be ridden. How did you get him?" Tormak asked.
So I had to explained what happened to him all over again. I might have exaggerated how big the Proto drake was, and some other minor details that made my rhino saving effort seem super heroic. But anyways.
"Alright Wooly, you'll be safe here. Tormak will take good care of you, and you can make friends with the rest of my mounts. I'll see you soon"
I petted Wooly and Dags and I left my stable.