Monday, December 16, 2013

Almost died for a darn pearl!

  I needed some emperor salmon for my Mogu Fish Stew recipe so I decided to fish in Cattail Lake.  I mounted up on my raft and started to fish close to the dock. Fish Felreed kept me company for a little bit before she had to leave for Halfhill. She told me stories of the fish in the lake below me and how they are very protective over the clams that grow pearls in them. Before she left she made me promise NOT to go in there and attempt to harvest a pearl from a clam. Ok I told her with one hand gripping my fishing pole and the other behind my back with my fingers crossed. "Ok Fish, I promise" I said. A little white lie never hurt anyone... besides how dangerous could this be.


After she left, I fished a little more and all that
was going through my head was the killer fish that swims this lake... he could be RIGHT below me!  I looked to the right and notice a clam under the dock. I quickly put my fishing pole away and took out my Scythe. From my raft I didn't see a huge fish lurking below, so I jumped in. I saw a green and yellow grouper swimming about 50 yards away. I swam straight for the dock pillar and Dags followed. I popped underwater breathing on Dags and myself and waited till the fish was far enough away to still have time to get out of the water if he saw us come out from behind the pillar. OK thats good.. gogo!


Dags and I swam as fast as we could towards the clam. I had trouble prying it open with my curved scythe so I had Dags use his polearms. The straight edges made it easier. Now when you open a clam there's always a chance it wont have a pearl in it... Buuuut this WAS my lucky day. It was beautiful and huge!. I plucked it from the squishy meat of the clam insides and as I was putting it in my bag I remembered the fish. I turned around and it was headed straight for us with the angriest face I've ever seen on a fish.

DAGS!!!! I reached for my Scythe and before I could grab it, Dags was right there hacking away at the fish. I had a slight doubt that Dags would be able to kill the fish alone but I needed to get to the surface and breathe. Wait I had underwater breathing!!! Screw air... KILL IT!!! I turned around and threw Shadow bolt after shadow bolt and Soul fire at the fish... It whipped Dags with its tail as it turned towards me. Oh Crap!!!... I swam to the surface of the water and tried to get back on my raft. I can move faster on my raft... The fish was so close I could feel the pressure of water at my feet as it snapped its jaws.  Great, Im gonna die or at least lose a foot or two.

 Where's my raft?!!?!?! I looked around and realized I was in the middle of the lake, nowhere near my raft. As soon as I finished that thought the Grouper came jumping out of the water and was about to swallow me whole when I saw Dags' Polearm inside the fish's belly all the way to the hilt.
I think I was in shock or something, because all I remember was just swimming in place, kicking my legs and moving my arms back and forth, turning to either side of me and seeing rows and rows of razor sharp teeth. I let out a sigh, and called for Dags in a whisper. I was surprised he even heard me. He comes around the fish's jaw and stays next to me until I was able to move. As

I swam towards the dock, Dags swims ahead of me and pushes my raft towards me. I get up and lay down on my raft for a while. I pull out the pearl from my bag and look at it. I hold it up and admire it as it seems to sparkle in the sunlight. I look at Dags and say "All that for a darn pearl" As I finished that statement I pass out from exhaustion, my hand drops to the raft with a *thud* and the pearl rolls out of it, across the raft and back into the lake.  Lesson learned.